Saturday, September 28, 2013

Suit Up!

So, I spent another lovely day in the PNW listening to the whitewater gushing out of my gutters.  I love the smell of hot glue gun in the morning...;)  Here's where I'm at as of today:


I think it's starting to look pretty good...;)



I was able to connect/articulate the biceps to the back so that it can be put on like a long sleeve shirt, barely.  The thighs are also suspended from the codpiece.  They work pretty well, considering they're only attached at one point by 1" webbing.  They're all quick-release buckles, so it can be taken apart to be painted.  The problem with having a single point of articulation is that there's going to be a trade-off somewhere.  The range of motion is pretty good, given the limitations.



Decent articulation...


I also installed the speaker mounting bracket inside the chest and I will also build an iPhone pocket in there.  Plenty of room.  Note to self:  do more pushups!

The shoulder bells will be installed next.  I figured out away to hang them so that they overlap and flop correctly.  I'm going to create a slot in the back piece for the webbing to come through.  That way, the webbing can be anchored with hot glue on the inside and the shoulder bell will cover the slot.



Now that's a selfie!


The shoulder bells really make the whole costume.  I can't wait to get them installed.  The shins are going to be problematic.  I don't know how to articulate the knee.  It's the most problematic joint in nature for a reason.  It has to be strong and flexible.  I hope to get the shoulders done tonight.  Wish me luck!

Captain Skully out...

No comments:

Post a Comment